Hiring: Parks and Recreation Program Coordinator
Position: Parks and Recreation Program Coordinator
Purpose: Upper Gwynedd Township is seeking applicants for a part-time Recreation Program Coordinator. The position includes routine and complex administrative work in planning, organizing, coordinating and administering a variety of recreation programs and special events. Must interact effectively with public and have experience with standard office equipment, including desktop publishing and word processing.
About Upper Gwynedd Township: Upper Gwynedd Township’s elected officials and staff shall provide innovative, safe, transparent and fiscally responsible services, and shall respond to the needs of all residents, businesses and visitors of the Township in a timely and respectful manner.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Apply: Send a resume, cover letter and completed job application to Emily Croke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: July 22, 2018
- Average of 20 hours per week throughout the year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize and manage seasonal and yearly leisure-time programs and activities for various interest groups including youth programs, camps, special events, fitness, leagues and general recreation.
- Stimulate community interest in programs and services through media outreach initiatives.
- Inspect equipment and recommend repairs.
- Prepare annual budget needs; requisitions and control use of equipment and materials.
- Analyzes and measurement program and event success through surveys and reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in recreation management, physical education, or closely related field.
- Related experience with demonstrated abilities to coordinate recreational programs.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and various types of computers and office machines.
- Must work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Completion of pre-employment background clearance screening.
- Must be CPR certified; must also be certified in First Aid within six (6) months of hire.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
For more information: visit the Park and Recreation section at www.uppergwynedd.org.