How do I...?
Find out when a Grading Permit is needed?
The following activities require a grading permit:
- Modifying, disturbing, blocking, diverting or otherwise adversely affecting the natural flow of surface water within an ephemeral, intermittent or perennial stream or in a manner which impacts an adjoining parcel/property.
- Construction, erection or installation of any drainage dam or obstruction affecting the drainage of any parcel/property.
- Earth disturbance in excess of 500 square feet, cumulatively in one year; a year being 12 consecutive months from the date of the first earth disturbance or application for a grading permit.
- A fill exceeding 10 cubic yards of material.
- Construction and/or installation of driveways and swimming pools.
In addition, where an activity proposes more than 2,000 square feet of new impervious cover as part of the grading permit application, then a stormwater management plan shall be provided that complies with Upper Gwynedd Township Code Chapter 162, Stormwater Management.
Use the below document to complete a Grading Permit Application.