Home / Departments / Police Department / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

share with:

Where are parking and traffic citations paid?

Parking tickets can be paid in person at UGPD station or mailed with 48 hrs. Traffic citations must be paid at District Court 38-1-21, 653 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422.

How can I get a copy of an accident report, and what are the costs?

Accident reports are available for $15.00 cash or check in person at UGPD station between the hours of 8 A.M. and 4:30 P.M.  A request can be sent to UGPD with a check payment of $15.00. Reports are mailed the same day they are received.

What about other reports?

Investigative reports cannot be given out by UGPD. A letter will be given with limited information for a $15.00 fee. If a copy of an Investigative report must be obtained, it must be requested with a subpoena from an Attorney's office along with a $15.00 fee.

Do I need to register my alarm with the Upper Gwynedd Police Department?

All residents who have an alarm installed at their homes are required to register alarm with UGPD. A $10.00 Annual fee is charged by UGPD. Renewal notices are mailed by the Police Department.

How Can I host a Fund Raising Run or Similar Event?

If you are planning an organized run, walk, and/or bicycle ride event that is any part of Upper Gwynedd Township, please contact Deputy Police Chief David Poirier at least 6 months prior to your planned event date.  The Police Department will assist you with route planning and safety issues.  The Board of Commissioners will need to review the event requests in advance in order to approve or disapprove them.  As always, safety is our top priority. 





Subscribe to News Alerts

Subscribe to email News to have the latest news, events and alerts delivered directly to your inbox.

Create Account

No thank you I already subscribe